|1871- The Property was purchased from the State of WI. by a Private Party. Through
out the next 77 years the property changed many hands, most of them were Lumber
1947-Marie(Gram) & Robert(Grandpa) Wedow were vacationing up here from
Chicago, IL. near Minocqua, WI. with her brother Arthur Deutscher & his wife
Jeannette. They liked it up here so much that they decided they may want a place of
their own & went to see a Realtor. He told them that he had the perfect place for them
& showed them.
1948-22 Acres of lake front with 4 buildings was purchased & became
1949-April 9th, Deerwood Resort was Established.
1954-Marie & Robert became sole owners.
2006-Became an All-Seasons Resort
2012-Family Owned & Serving the Public for over 60 years.
1949 & 2011
1949, 1974 & 2011
|1975 to Present
|Cottage 4 was Gram's
house to stay in while they
were open for the summer.
1974 it was moved to its
present position & Gram's
house is now in its old